System Safety Engineer / Consultant ‐ Brisbane or Perth
RGB Assurance Pty Ltd is an engineering consultancy that prides itself on the provision of excellent professional services and products, in the niche areas of systems and software safety assurance. We are an ISO-9001 certified company with an impressive portfolio of consultancy and development projects. Although our company is small, our clients include some of the largest systems-engineering organisations in the world.
Due to expanding business opportunities, RGB Assurance Pty Ltd is seeking to retain the services of persons with skills in systems and software assurance. Depending on the experience and qualifications of the application, an appointment at Engineer, Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer level will be considered. We are also interested in hearing from talented software or systems engineers with a desire to cross-skill into this field.
The successful applicant would provide software/systems assurance, software/systems safety engineering and independent safety assessment services to clients in the transport and defence industries. Both Brisbane-based and Perth-based positions are available, with some national and international travel required.
Applicants should possess:
- A tertiary qualification in software/electrical/systems engineering - post-graduate qualifications would be highly regarded;
- At least five years post-graduate experience in a systems engineering environment, with at least three years spent in a safety or systems assurance role, or a high-integrity software development role; experience in security aspects of high-integrity systems would also be attractive;
- Knowledge of the main safety and RAM standards applicable in the transport and defence industries – IEC 61508, EN5012X, MIL-STD-882X, Def(Aust) 5679, and Defence Standard 00-56;
- An understanding of the specific challenges that pertain to engineering software-based, safety-related systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and good presentation skills;
- An Australian Drivers' Licence, and access to own transport within the broader Brisbane or Perth regions (depending on location of job applied for);
- A commitment to continuing professional development; and,
- A willingness to work with minimal supervision.
Applicants who do not possess specific safety or systems assurance experience, but who have systems engineering experience and a desire to cross-skill into this specialist area, are also welcome to apply.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant, with additional incentives for achievement of specified targets. Relocation packages to Perth or Brisbane may also be offered. Applicants should apply via email, incorporating both a CV, personal contact details, and a covering memo explaining how they satisfy the requirements listed above.